02 January 2008

New Year, New Transportation, New Destination

Happy New Year, and my sincerest apologies for negligence toward this meager blog of ours. Thank you to the few of you out there, and Sarah's mom, who regularly peruse our ever out-dated blog. On to the items of newness...

We got a new car! As our last vehicular child was named "Mass-Subie," our new Forester which we purchased in New Hampshire shall be called "The Hamp-ster" (thanks to Sarah's creativity for that one). We threw down a little bit more than we got back from the insurance agency in order to slightly upgrade to a model we have been ogling for months.I will be adding a Master's of Counseling to my program. Although this stretches out our stay in New England, it also gives me some more concrete options for income upon my graduation, when Sarah and I will flip-flop our economic responsibilities to make way for little Albertsons. This is relieving for me, since I have gotten used to responding to the question "What do you hope to do with that degree?" with "Uh, I dunno... me like learnings." All kidding aside, although Education is certainly still part of my long-term goals, and I am still glad to have come out here to study under Dr. Cannell and the Education Triumvirate, it is nice to have a 5-10 year settle-down plan a bit more confirmed. I feel like these areas of study feed each other well, and being a Counselor will utilize some of my gifts that Education may not be able to employ in the same ways.

So this semester I will be adding a few counseling courses (Theories of Personality and Cross-Cultural Counseling) to my lone Education class (Understanding Learners) and a few online courses (Theology Survey and sumpin' else). I am excited for my J Term class, Old Testament Ethics with Walt Kaiser, starting next Monday.

Thanks for loving us and doing such a great job of staying in touch. We miss you all. Here's a few more pictures for your enjoyment.
View of the New England winter landscape from our window
Out to eat in Salem with the love of my lifeI'm puzzling

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sam, I don't understand. Is it Salem /New England Tradition to hang the Christmas Tree from the ceiling, instead of putting it on the floor?

The background of your picture of Sarah would seem to provide strong evidence for such a claim.

lynette said...

sam, who is that beautiful woman you have pictured? you should have her give me a call as i miss you and would love to talk.

lynette.

Sammy said...

Gabe, everything on this coast is just so upside-down! We told you about their fascination with Dunkin' Donuts, right? An upside-down Christmas Tree should not be so surprising.

Anonymous said...

Yes, you did explain the dunkin donuts thing. You're right that I probably shouldn't be very surprised by the upside down Christmas Tree development.

Touche', Sam. Touche'.

Dustin Tramel said...

Sam, how did you decide to add the counseling masters? Can you describe your decision process?

Momma S said...

Sam, my husband really misses you. I do, too, of course! Your wife is quite beautiful - please tell her so...and hello! We are getting pumped to see you in a few short months. What's this about little Albertsons...??!!! :) We love you two!